Walking Tour Visits, Meet-Ups, & Space Rentals
Walking Tour Visits
Making the Post Office & Museum one of the stops on your walking tour through Old Town?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org when bringing a group of 5 people or more on a walking tour to the Museum to provide notice of the date and time of arrival. This allows additional support to be provided to our Staff, if needed, so we can accommodate larger groups and keep the Post Office running smoothly.
Organizing a group meet-up and wish to use our Reading Room space?
Please contact email@example.com to secure a date and time if your meet-up group contains 5 people or more . Due to the size of our space, we ask that meet-ups of this size remain at the Museum for no more than one hour. This is to ensure that other visitors wishing to experience the Museum have the chance to do so. If your group wishes to use the space for longer than one hour, please refer to our space rental pricing below. Failure to contact us may result in your group not being able to use the space if another pre-scheduled event, program, or rental is taking place.
Need space for your book launch, staff meeting, crafting party, lecture, meet-up, or get-together?
Toronto’s First Post Office offers space rentals at very reasonable rates!
Our main rental space is our Reading Room, but rentals include use of the Post Office, the Exhibit Room, a small kitchen and washroom.
Rental space is available during and after opening hours. However, museum spaces are also available to the public during opening hours. If you require exclusive use of the space, we encourage you to rent after-hours.
During regular open hours: $40/hour
After hours: $80/hour
Monday to Friday, 9am – 5:30pm
Saturday, 10am – 4pm
Sunday, 12pm – 4pm
Closed: holiday Mondays and the Sundays preceding.
- Space Dimensions: 315.0 sq ft.
- Wooden and metal chairs available, wooden and plastic folding tables available.
- Use of a small kitchen included in rentals, including microwave, sink, small refrigerator.
- Tech available: Digital projector, projection screen, laptop (extra charge may apply).
- Staff will be available and on site during rental period.
- Transit: closest TTC stops are at King and Jarvis via the 504 Streetcar, or Queen and Sherbourne via the 501 Streetcar.
- Parking: Street parking, underground parking available nearby.
- Accessibility: Stairs at main entrance; stair-free entrance available; please call for accessibility information.
Cancellation and Payment Policy
We require 48 hours notice of cancellation for a full refund, otherwise a fee of 50% if the rental fee will apply.
Payment is by cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
How to Book
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 416-865-1833.